Friday, October 12, 2007

SHENZHEN

Last week I went to Shenzhen for part of a day. I have now finally been to China.

As you can see from the image Shenzhen, which is a SEZ [special economic zone] has grown right up to the edge of Hong Kong's SAR [special administrative region]. The image shows some rice fields on the Hong Kong side, and the small river of water which separates Shenzhen's further growth. There is current talk about the eventual amalgamation of the two cities into a superCity which would have a population of around 25 million residents.

2 comments:

Evan Marnoch said...

That is insane. I had no idea they were so close. 25 million residents is incomprehensible to me.

Really nice photos, Zach. You should send me a zip file with some high res images, so I can have them as desktop backgrounds without being fuzzified.

Anonymous said...

I conqur with evan, that is insane. and unitl I had the fortune to visit brazil the idea of twenty five / thirty million was outta this world. a mind expanding reality for sure.

thanks zach for the note you dropped in my email box. the launch went off without a hitch, we had a good time and are now resting. I look forward to having one land in your hands.

thanks by the way for the radiohead link, I followed it right from your blog and am listing to track 2 right now. Also a mind expanding experience.

for a sneek peek of Nils Viks photograffie skills and the warehouse launch, check this out... http://www.flickr.com/photos/nilsvik

take care,
OUT