Monday, September 10, 2007

WPG>>VAN departure


After a fun packed weekend of activities, the last "see you later"s were said and I boarded AC0297 at 11:43am heading for Vancouver. Once the throttle was increased and the brakes disengaged, the reality of how I have chosen to spend my final year of architecture school became quickly apparent at a rate of 250 km/h.

As we rose above the harvested fields I looked across the blocky plots and both rejoiced and lamented the frozen winter that I would soon be missing. I settled in for a short nap.

I awoke to the in-flight screening of Pirates of the Caribbean "At World's End", which in the early scenes clearly illustrated the asian situation I will surely encounter upon my arrival on Thursday.

I am currently looking out over the Pacific from a window in UBC's school of architecture, only hours from my breakfast with Michael at the Falafel Place, but already far, far away.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

"Far Far Away". Is Vancouver really that exotic?

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Good luck in all your travels. Excited to hear about hong kong

Anonymous said...

We love you and wish you all the best in your time in Hong Kong.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! All the best to you and we'll be thinking of you and checking your blog often.

Aunt Gloria (for the rest of the Storeys)

Keith Yeung said...

Excited to hear about your adventure in my home city!!! Tell me something new. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Have a good time in Hong Kong Zach, and hang out with some HK chicks.

Adrian Benoit said...

All the best buddy,
I'll try to keep the fort strong back on ulster!
Make us proud!

Anonymous said...

the blog works for me, have a blessed time zach. enjoy the culture and the wonders and of course keep us posted.

melissa said...

HAVE FUN ZACH!

Lisa said...

When we heard you were going to hong kong i thought, 'yeah, of course!.' all the best!

Aunt Evelyn said...

this sounds like quite an adventure, thankyou for including me.
Evelyn